Sunday, April 19, 2009

Pat's Run

Weston, Bridget and I did Pat’s Run yesterday -- 4.2 mile run/walk to commemorate Pat Tillman – a football player who played for ASU (his number was ‘42’ – thus 4.2 miles) and the AZ Cardinals. After the events of 9/11, he was offered a multi-million dollar contract with the Cardinals, but turned it down in order to join the Army and was killed in Afghanistan.

The run started on a street outside the stadium, went around town for a bit then ended on the 42 yard line in Sun Devil Stadium. 20,000 signed up to run (or walk.) Bridget beat both of us by a long shot and she was taking it easy since she has two track meets next week. …but I beat my goal of coming in 6,800th place (I came in 6,799th place.) Actually, my goal was just to finish under an hour and my time was 43:35. Not great I know, but I didn’t collapse and my knee didn’t swell up, so I’m pleased.

Where's Weston?? Can you find him at the finish line?











3 comments:

Tracie's Family said...

I found him. He's right behind the big guy wearing the black and red shirt, visor hat, and has his head turned looking in Weston's direction.

It was great of all of you running for Pat. I remember hearing about him in the news. Very sad!

Junior and Marissa said...

It's so obvious, he's the one wearing maroon. Way to go guys! And Bridget, way to show them who's boss!

Kathi said...

WOW! Impressive is all I gotta say. Way to go guys!